Wednesday, May 18, 2011

HW 56 - Culminating Project Comments

Comments Given:

Jay- I believe that it was smart of you to include an opposing view of home funerals because so far a lot of the information we've received has been for it. It makes sense that home births make certain people uncomfortable because that the memory is alive in your own home which you walk into daily. I also thought asking about people's lack of information on the topic was important. Her answer was honest and accurate but it was never explained why people "don't want to know" and I think that would have been a nice follow up question for you to ask.

Steven- One of the most insightful points I believe you brought up was, "... but nowadys its the exact opposite people cant imagine dealing with thier decesed." It made me realize that I had never personally thought of handling any of my dead loved ones bodies personally, even throughout the course of this unit. So I wanted to ask you if this is something that you've consciously or unconsciously envisioned yourself? The information you provided was very helpful in terms of determining what exactly is the best fit option for your personal budget. The only thing critical that I have to point out is your spelling and grammar. Otherwise, great job.
___________________________________________________

Comments received:
Brianna(protege)- I thought the line "When we see that other people have passed away, it reminds us that our bodies could ultimately fail us no matter how much it tries to resist death" was very interesting and thought provoking. I began to actually think of different ways that our bodies resist death. The story was very interesting and stuck in my head after i finished the post. 

Sophia- I thought this post was beautifully written, especially the last paragraph. Your writing was very descriptive, and I could visualize the woman swerving over in her car. I agree that people are in denial over the fact that they will die someday, but when they realize they will, they feel ashamed.

Marcus( mentor)- I found it interesting when you said that your "belief is that our fear of death originates from the human instinct of our bodies resisting death as much as possible". I totally agree and also believe that we are programed to want to multiply and give life instead. It only becomes more ominous when we realize the unknown (death) is inevitable. Self preservation is fundamental and inherent in all living things. The fear of death and fear itself is a part of this mechanism. Which made me wonder why anyone would not be afraid of death? And what could we possibly do to surround ourselves more with death?

No comments:

Post a Comment