Tuesday, October 12, 2010

HW 8 - Growing Our Own Food

Although my seeds have not grown in the past weeks, I still wanted to write a passage about why I believe that happened. I only watered the seeds during class periods so they weren't watered as frequently as they should have been. Even though that is the case, other people had the same sprout watering regimen as I had, their grew very well. This led me to believe that the lack of sprout growth had to do with the size of my jar. It was significantly bigger than other people's humble jam jars and maybe there was too much room for the sprouts to grow or too much recycled air and CO2 in the jar. If my sprouts had grown and I had ate them, I believe I would be more satisfied with them than I would be if I bought them in the store because I put effort and time into growing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment