Friday, October 1, 2010

HW 6 - Food Diary

Over 48 hours, the first thing I ate was a granny smith apple, 5 carrots, 5 pecans, Ramen Noodles, and 8 grapes. This was my dinner.

The apple was crisp, sour, sweet and juicy. I decided to eat this on top of the carrots and pecans for fiber because my diet was lacking it. The Ramen Noodles were very wet, salty, and chewy. I choose to eat these because there was nothing else in my house as filling and they also take only three minutes to make.

I started off the next day with a bowl of cereal which is apart of my morning routine.  I wake up, take a shower, get dressed, then eat my Honey Bunches of Oats. I had no particular reason for eating it other then the fact that I eat it everyday and that I like it. My cereal was crunchy, sweet and honey flavored, and refreshing due to the milk. For lunch, I split a subway tuna sandwich with Amber. We added different condiments on the separate sides of the sandwich but we decided to split it because it would cost more than two dollars less to do so rather than buying a 6 inch sandwich. Saving money is important to me when it comes to food and I would not pay full price for something when I could pay half price for the same food!

The sandwich was sweet from the sweet onion sauce, spicy from the pickled jalapenos, sour from the dijon mustard and pickles and made delicious by the many other ingredients incorporated. I love this sandwich because it cost me very little for such complex flavor. Later that night, my dinner was a green apple, l heated up spaghetti left overs, and half a roll of bread with a mixture of salted butter and olive oil. The role was filling, warm, flakey, fluffy, and tasted very good. The spaghetti was made by my mother with a recipe that I've loved as a child. I really enjoy this meal but my mom makes it about once a month. She made a lot of spaghetti this time to last us for the week because we are moving this friday and did not want to stress over food while she was handling the move and everything else.


Today, I followed my morning ritual again and ate my cereal. For lunch Amber shared her spinach and feta filo pastry with me. I had no money for lunch and because I was planing on going straight home after school, but once I left school, I realized I was really hungry so I needed something to hold me over until I went home. Amber offered to share and she generously did. Once I got home, the first thing I ate a green apple (again) and then I later moved on to eating  Ramen noodles, a bowl of grapes and, a quarter of a roll. "An apple a day keeps the doctor away" is a saying I take seriously, but it was more important to eat an apple this particular week because there weren't any other foods that contained a lot of fiber in my house. Since my only two options for dinner are Ramen noodles and spaghetti, I choose to eat Ramen noodles because I did not want to eat the same exact thing I ate the night before. If I had a choice, I would choose to experience different foods and flavors each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment